I know, silly, huh? People who are not crafters, card makers, etc they really don't get it. They say "oh, how nice" like I am out of mind or something. And my family? I think my family gets it but I am not sure. They only care about whether or not they are going to get their card. LOL
So yes, I spent the last 2 days with my friend Dana, learning how to color with my Copic Markers. What a friggin' blast! I really feel like I learned A LOT! The only thing I had a hard time grasping was faces. Don't worry though, I signed up for another class in April to tackle that! (Seriously hope my girl Dana can make that class too!)
I also learned a lot about myself...
1. I don't like airbrushing. Absolutely no appeal to me. Don't get me wrong, people who do it are amazing and their art is AMAZING, me? Just don't like the feel of it, I don't like the results "I" get. Nothing wrong with that. Just one less thing I have to buy. (My husband will like that!)
2. I am very critical of my work. I am definitely my hardest critic. Things I thought looked bad..other people liked. Maybe they were lying but they had me fooled. LOL
3. I want to get everything right the FIRST TIME. Totally unrealistic. I get that. Like Sherrie said "practice makes perfect. It's okay to make mistakes." I have a hard time with that. I learn something and I want to get it right the first time. Me in a nut shell. I need to let go and be okay with the mistakes. Learn from them. This is going to be a hard one but I am willing to try.
4. RANDOM: Copic markers are DA BOMB!!! Sherrie Siemans is DA BOMB!! I had a great time with her. Just wish there could have been a little more "one on one" time but we all have to share. :)
5. I still have a lot of growing to do. I am at the beginning of my creative journey and I am looking forward to what lies ahead.
Okay, let me show you a crap card and over the next day or two, I am going to work some of my "new" magic on it & see if I can't make it better... A LOT BETTER! LOL
See, not so great but I am not worried. I am going to do a "card overhaul" and make this into something special. Hang with me, okay?
Alright, I am off to see the Wizard. Have a SUPER day!
Thanks for stopping by!
crap card deets:
- stamps: Vintage a|muse
- paper: White, Red, Baja Breeze
- inks: Black Momento & Copics
- misc: a|muse dies, Ribbon